The Award Winning Newspaper of Mercy College

Lush Review

Hannah Calver, Staff writer

Lush is a handmade cosmetic company based 20 minutes away from my home in a town called Poole, Dorset U.K. I suffer with very sensitive skin so I have to be very careful when testing using products incase I come out in a rash of cause my dry skin to worsen. I’ve been using Lush for almost three years now and can honestly say that I would never look back and would recommend these products to anyone.

So now that I am in the USA and have found a Lush store in most of the shopping malls I have been to and dotted around New York city I thought it was only right to share a few of my favorite products from this amazing beauty store.

Face
Tea Tree Water Toner
Tea Tree is a great blemish fighter and is naturally anti-bacterial so works well at dealing with breakouts as well as working as a toner. The spray pump is such a handy way to apply it too! I’ve used this before and it really helped calm down my skin, and as I’m having a few hormonal breakouts at the moment I decided to try this old favorite and see if it still worked.

Grease Lightning Spot Treatment
This is again in a useful nozzle so you can apply it directly onto blemishes. It’s so tiny so you can keep it with you in your make up bag in case of emergencies! I have also used this before when my skin has had little tantrums and it’s previously helped, which is why when I saw it on the shelf, I popped it into my basket.

Bath
Dreamtime Bath Melt
This is supposed to help you relax which sounds great for a bath after a busy or stressful day. With lavender and chamomile it smells lovely, and also softens your skin with cocoa butter. Perfect for before bedtime. I particularly love this one in the winter or when my skin needs a little rehydration.

Pop in the Bath Bubble Bar
These bars make such amazing bubbles! You crumble a bit off to run under the tap so you can actually use them more than once. This one has the scent of “The Olive Branch” which is one of my favorite Lush scents and smells amazing.

I also picked up a few of my favorite bath bombs..
Granny Takes a Dip Bath Bomb (relatively new)
Dragon’s Egg Bath Bomb
Fizzbanger Bath Bomb
Sex Bomb Bath Bomb (Ultimate fav for night time)

Strawberry Feels Forever Massage Bar
This was one of my favorite massage bars back in the day. It was released as part of a valentines launch and stuck around for quite a while. I’m pretty sure it disappeared off the shelves for a while and when I saw this in the store I knew I had to grab one. Massage bars start to melt when they warm up so this is a great way to moisturize your skin after the bath. It smells like strawberries and cream too.

Ceridwen’s Cauldron Bath Melt
This bath melt is great for soothing and moisturizing skin, the muslin pouch means that it dissolves in the water and the larger bits are kept from floating about in the bath, but also can be picked up to apply directly onto your skin. This one is a little more pricey, but it honestly does amazing things to your skin. I love using this as a pick me up.

Body
Handy Gurugu Hand Cream
This buttery hand cream is made with a blend of nut butters making it so creamy and softening, it features orange extract too so has a fresh, natural scent to it. This is perfect for sorting out really dry hands and is great for your nails too. This was one of my go-to products years ago, and I would get through so many tubs of this. When I was in the shop I picked it up, gave it a sniff and it immediately brought back so many memories. It really is an awesome hand cream. The only downside (and the reason I probably stopped using it) is that the tub is a little bulky for your handbag, but great to keep near your sink or on your bedside table.