1. Customer service. If you ever had to deal with the headache of pretending to care about someone‘s personal life you can agree that can be a real headache. Majority of us who are in college pick up retail jobs for pocket change and the many attitudes you come in contact with can be brutal to say the least.
2. Management. How many of us can say we actually love our management staff and enjoy seeing their faces everyday? Dealing with poor management can be quite common in jobs today. Ever heard of the saying born into money? It may seem as if your manager was with their nonexistent brain.
3. Hours. It feels as if you spend majority if not all of your time at work. I remember applying to jobs based on their hours of operation and some how some way I always wind up staying later than scheduled.
4. Co Workers. When you first start a new job as much as we hate to admit it one of the first things we all do is look to see who we find most interesting. Lets face it you will spend majority of your time at work so why not make the best of it. On the flip side of finding a new buddy you’ll always find an enemy or just someone you do not like, talk about a drag.
5. Pay rate. Of course I would save the best for last. After you’ve ‘slaved’ all week, canceled weekend plans for extra hours and talked someone into taking their shifts you’ll always get that surprised, angered look once you’ve opened your check.
Let’s face it, college jobs will always be the worst. However, on the bright side it prepares you for the ‘real world’ and gives you a constant reminder of where you will end up if you decide to ever drop out.