The McNair Scholars Program is a federally-funded program that helps prepare first generation, low-income and minority students for graduate school. The grant targets students who will be entering their junior or senior year in Fall 2013, and works with them for two years to develop their research and writing skills in preparation for graduate school entrance.
A McNair Scholar will:
1) enter a one-on-one mentoring relationship with a Mercy College faculty researcher in his/her field of interest;
2) experience on-site research at nearby historical sites;
3) visit graduate school campuses;
4) enjoy cultural events;
5) attend national conferences;
6) improve writing, math, computer and presentation skills;
7) present his/her research at local or national forums;
8) have use of a laptop computer;
9) prepare for the GRE exam;
10) receive help with the graduate school application process;
11) and, in general, develop a graduate school “mind set.”
The application is attached. Interview slots are quickly filling up as the program starts in May.
Please Contact: Mary Oleksowicz, Program Coordinator at 914-674-7810 or via email at [email protected] with questions or for more information.