Thanksgiving is arguably the best Holiday of the season, you’ve got food, family, friends… and food! But unfortunately, with every Thanksgiving comes the endless questions and comments from nosy family members. And frankly, we’re quite tired of listening to them! Here are just a few of the things we’re exhausted with hearing…
1. “So… Are you dating anyone?”
Really? You want to discuss my love life right now? The only thing I’m willing to discuss is how much gravy I’ll be drowning my mashed potatoes in.
2. “What are your plans for after college?”
I don’t even have plans for Christmas break figured out yet, much less plans for after college. Bye Felicia.
3. “Wow! Someone’s hungry!… What is that your 3rd plate?!”
Uhhh… It’s Thanksgiving, we’re supposed to EAT.
4. “You really want another piece of pie…?”
As Marie Antoinette once said, “Let them eat pie!”…. or something like that.
5. “How are your grades this semester?”
6. “What are you going to do with that kind of degree?”
We’ll cross that bridge when we get to it, alright? Can’t I eat my pie in peace?!?
7. “Have you ever thought about a more practical career path??”
8. “Look how old you’ve gotten!”
Yeah, I could say the same to you Aunt Judy.
9. “I haven’t seen you since you were *insert hand gesture at waist level* this big!”
10. What is *insert name of ex* up to lately?”
Ex’s are ex’s for a reason, we don’t acknowledge their existence and we certainly don’t care what they’re “up to lately.”
11. “But really though, when are you getting married?”
This has been exhausting, I’ll take my pie to my room. See ya Next year Aunt Judy.