Top 5 Super Bowl Outfits

With more frequent television appearances now of Taylor Swift rooting and jaw-dropping at the Kansas City Chief games, women’s role in the NFL has become more widely talked about. 

Sports has never exactly been my passion. Thanks to my mom, I played every sport when I was growing up. But the only one I’ve ever been massively passionate about and excelled in was volleyball.

My passions fall into more stereotypical and generic women’s duties now. Makeup. Skincare. Haircare.

However, I think women, including myself, are about to change the sports industry with one powerful tool massively. 

Fashion.

Gossip Girl’s Blair Waldorf defined fashion as, “…the most powerful art there is. It’s movement, design, and architecture all in one. It shows the world who we are and who we’d like to be.”

While talking about Gossip Girl, let’s look at everyone’s favorite pair of besties. 

1. Taylor Swift and Blake Lively

Although Swift’s all-black outfit was rather basic, it was accompanied by her classic updo ponytail, red lipstick, and her best friend, Blake Lively. Lively’s all-red and white Adidas tracksuit was the highlight of the Superbowl for me. 

Tracksuits have a way of returning from the 2000s in style. Especially when they’re paired with luscious curly locks and an 18k gold gauge-link chain necklace I instantly recognized from Tiffany & Co. 

2. H.E.R.

I haven’t listened to H.E.R. since my heartbreak phase in high school. However, the skin-fit black and white jumpsuit matched perfectly with the updo half-up hair-down buns and tiny shades. 

I honestly believe H.E.R.’s outfit was the highlight of Usher’s halftime performance. The way she entered and her outfit instantly shined the whole television screen. 

3. Ice Spice

Ice Spice was also wearing a basic all-black outfit like her bestie Swift beside her. However, the simplicity and minimalism of the Balenciaga apparel paired with the purse and its latch design made for the perfect relaxed football-watching outfit.  

4. Justin and Hailey Bieber 

Although Justin Bieber’s style is short of taste, his wife Hailey Bieber always dresses along the trends. Bieber paired a classic relaxed t-shirt and jeans look with a bearish, leopard-print fur coat.

Not only is leopard and cheetah print making a comeback this year, but fur coats are the only way to style and stay warm this winter. Bieber has done the most elegant yet casual way of showcasing that. 

5. Travis Kelce

I’m still not sure if Travis Kelce’s arrival outfit to the Super Bowl works for him. I will say though it was extremely refreshing to see such a glitter-encapsulated outfit on an NFL player. 

The fact that his all black outfit was also matching his girlfriend Taylor Swift’s outfit just makes it that much better.