Johnathan Majors: Speed Run Comes To A Halt

Numerous commercials promoting films have been a norm in movie theaters. You will wait for alerts for 30 minutes or more until the movie starts. But going to the movie theaters in 2022, Black Adam was a movie I had viewed. Before the movie played, watching the premiers, I saw this familiar face in at least two or three movies. Two words. Jonathan Majors. The actor was everywhere. Actors star in numerous small independent films and minor roles, waiting for a big break. Sometimes, a significant break becomes inevitable. Yet, for Majors, the popularity grew for him. “Who is that guy?”

I threw it out to my friends before I witnessed The Rock’s unsatisfactory performance in “Black Adam.” HBO’s short-lived TV hit “Lovecraft County” introduced the actor Majors to the media world. Yet, the show was canceled. The show gave the world a taste of what Majors would do for the world of acting. Mind you, Lovecraft was released in 2020. A lot happened that year. A lot can happen in three years, two years being the rise of Majors, yet also becomes the fall of Majors.

The rise comes from his growth in popularity. From being on an HBO TV show to playing a western cowboy in an all-black movie cast. A professional combat sports boxer in Stallone’s best movie series, “Creed.” Majors even played Marvel’s most powerful force of nature, Kang the Conqueror. Also, being the prime puzzle piece for the hit Marvel series “Loki,” there is no surprise that Majors deserves the fame because he does. The talent comes from the challenging work he has produced, yet his success can be seen as a speed run. It’s a simulation where the concept feels like Majors woke up and spread out his acting career. Minutes, hours, days, weeks, months, and years flash in a moment without you even noticing.

I only saw the actor once I walked to a theater. He was everywhere. You turn on the TV, and he is everywhere. Three years ago, he was a well-known actor. Yet now he is one of Hollywood’s best actors as of right now. Because when Michael B. Jordan makes a bold statement comparing him and Majors to De Niro and Pacino, you know you are doing beautiful things.

Is he Hollywood’s best actor right now? Yes, in terms of consistency and range in roles, popularity can last so long. The same month, when things were finally going well, a domestic dispute was filed against Majors.

An incident involving him and his girlfriend was the nail in the coffin. No evidence correlated to Majors beating his then-partner, but, at that moment, the damage was already done. Talent agencies were dropping him, and movie projects were letting him go without the chance given to him to defend himself. Accusations of labeling you can destroy what you can work for, as it did to him. The rise of stardom was cut short due to various lies. Major’s upcoming movie “Magazine Dreams” had the potential to become Oscar-worthy due to the talented actor’s range and skilled acting work. But who knows what will happen to that project now?

March of 2023 made us witness the rise and fall of Majors. He has not been in any projects released in theaters and is constantly involved in court fighting for his career.

The good news can be Majors not being charged and evidence finding out Jonathan did not do anything wrong; damage was already done. Who knows what will happen to his career as of now? Ex-partner Grace Jabbari turned herself in this week and admitted to her wrongdoing. She is charged yet not being prosecuted.

We must wait now and see what will happen to the talented actor. Yet, looking at Major’s career, I find it odd. An upcoming actor to a worldwide actor to potentially be blacklisted from the world of acting. His speed ran into fame and fortune and ended so unexpectedly. It’s not fair how his career is fighting on the deathbed right now. Looking back at the amendment, “Innocent until proven guilty,” it seems to mean, “guilty until proven innocent.”