How to Cope with Stress after Job Loss

Finding a job is like finding a long lasting relationship. There will be bad ones in your life, but only time will tell when you find the perfect one for you. With an 8.3 percent unemployment rate and a still present economic recession people are more stress out than ever. So what can America do to rid the stress of job searching?

On the website Helpguide.org there are tips for staying stress free when looking for a job. The first tip is write or talk to someone about your feelings. This is a good method to use when struggling with any kind of stress, because it allows the person to release all their worries, fears, and problems to someone they know and trust. I know from first hand when talking to my friends about the stuff that bothers me I feel much better when my friends give me their advice. And guys, telling people what is on your mind is not just a girl thing. If you have a dilemma and can’t find a solution ask someone. The last thing you want to do is kept all that stress bottled up inside.

The next tip is face the reality. As a current person looking for work, I have stressed over finding a well paid job. I took any job I could find such as, seasonal and part time jobs. I know that it will take a while to get from part time job to successful career. Most people I know don’t get rich over night, unless you are the kardashians. Becoming successful is not who you are, it’s where you came from. The journey is always more important than the destination.

Another tip the website gives is don’t beat yourself up. Back when the recession started the unemployment rate was 9.1 percent. A lot of people were unemployed, getting laid off, and not knowing what to do with their futures. Please don’t play the victim when a lot of other people are in the same boat with you. Life is full of triumphs and failures, that is the way humans learn. All I’m saying is there will be times of struggle and times of relief, what you do in your life will be a result of the two.

The final tip in being stress free when looking for a job is have you become stronger after your job loss? Have you ever heard the saying, what doesn’t kill you makes you stronger? Maybe losing your job was a wake up call in order for you to rethink about your life goals. Better yet you probably have a better understanding on who you are and what you can achieve.

If you have ever been in a sticky situation as in losing your job, follow these helpful tips at Helpguide.org and remember there will be more sunny days to come.