Spring Fling Is A Hit

Students at Mercy College gathered together for one last jamboree to celebrate the end of the semester on April 27.

Students that were on hand for the spring fling turnout said that it was a great afternoon outside and an even better way to take a break from preparation for finals week.

For freshman Rebecca Rein and Kathleen Zero, it was a great first time experience as a student compared to last year seeing the festival on a tour.

“Its much more fun this year as students to not be outsiders looking in,” said Rein.

The goal of the day was to provide fun activities for the students from all different areas including dorms, hotels, and even commuters.

“It was a stress less day, it got my mind off upcoming papers, and it was a great day to be a college student,” declared junior commuter Tara Soto.

Transportation was a key improvement this year compared to last year providing more options for students to appreciate the festivities.

The Pact Program at Mercy College provided neon shirts for the students to support the event, and it was a huge hit.

“Students get to see what we can provide, it’s also a great way to release stress,” stated Coordinator Of Student Activities Nick Canzano.

Spring Fling 2012 featured tons of activities for the students such as inflatable games, spin art shirts, and plenty of food provided by the Mercy College cafeteria staff.

Emily Klobus who returned for her second time at Spring Fling enjoyed the social affair.

“It’s a different place to hangout and just have fun,” claimed klobus.

Mercy College Alumni played was on hand for the even and played a major role in the days entertainment and for associate director of alumni relation Adam Parementer, it was everything plus more.

“Our main goal for the students was to keep them connected with Mercy College whether they be past or current students as well as for the mentors,” said Parementer.

A group of freshmen students showed off their school spirit by taking pictures with the Mercy Maverick mascot and embraced the spring elements.

“By playing games, having good food, as well as having nice weather, it’s a great way to make new friendships and I would absolutely come back next year,” stated Freshmen Ariel Marchan

Not only residents of the dorms and hotels were enjoying the event, but also some RA’s got time to relax.

“It’s a social gathering for all students, it’s the main event of the school year we did the best we could even though weather was a bit of a factor,” said RA Jesse Wood.

Overall Mercy College students got to take some time out of their busy school schedule, and spend some time enjoying the nice weather outside, and were also able to communicate with others, who knows what next year will bring for spring fling 2013.