Techwise Talentsprint: Google Mentorship’s Virtual Stardom

Techwise Talentsprint encourages and pushes students to better their technology skills involving computer science and cybersecurity. The 18-month program highlights a remarkably diverse way to get students to better their skills in technology. Students majoring in computer science and cybersecurity can enroll in Techwise’s program to learn about developing tech skills and allowing students to highlight their talents through tech skills. Skills being allowed to create their projects. Projects are apps, software, and much more. 

Mercy University junior student Eric Holman has been thriving with his passion for cybersecurity since he stepped foot at Mercy University. With exceptional skills in computer science, Eric had the excellent opportunity to enroll in the Techwise Talent sprint program. Holman had the mindset of being ahead, reaching out to career services to gain knowledge in internships. Internships to better his career with jobs in the future. When Talent Sprint was introduced to him, he took the opportunity to learn how to gain more education about technology. Eric wanted to get his foot in the door. Be one step ahead. With many internships coming across, Eric Google’s program involving Talent Sprint is his number one choice.

He was providing an essay on why the program should consider bringing him in like family. Eric’s ambition for his career gave the program a chance to know his true intentions, bringing him into the family of Talentsprint.  

Talent Sprint gave Eric a two-year he could accept. The two-year program has various Google support members who can help others become the best versions of themselves, involving technology and coding. 

Within three to six weeks, Talent Sprint gave Holman a series of exams to determine if the Mercy University student was ready for the next level. After getting into the program, Holman was allowed to create his own video game. 

Creating a game was tricky. I knew what idea I wanted to do. I wanted to do a simple space-themed game. I just needed to find people to join my team to help me. But I decided to go a different route.” 

Holman scrapped the idea and wanted something better. Talent Sprint allows students to create ideas in their heads, except for making programs that will excite viewers. With Holman’s prior history with roleplaying games, creating a game became a goal for Holman. Yet the progress took a lot to process, yet that was a problem easily solved. 

Holman said, “I created the entry screen. I created the start screen. I made sure that I was the first person to be ahead in the game. Learned programs on how to develop the game. 

He had to learn and study programs such as Unity and C++ to improve his skills. With the information he had known beforehand, an intelligent individual like Eric enjoys being ahead of the game and doing anything he can to understand concepts that benefit him. 

“I would start coding at five o’clock in the afternoon, then finish around 12 to 1 a.m. I would take breaks occasionally but sit down for hours to understand and learn how to develop this project.” 

With the amount of studying and challenging work for the game, Eric had completed his game. Everything had been designed to the best of Holman’s ability. The stat screen had been developed. The title, music, gameplay. Everything had come into play. He was highlighting the game to his Google team in a presentation. The game became a success. Everything functions properly for Eric.  

Eric saw the program as a fun way to learn something. 

He added, “I enjoyed it, and it is good for the tech field. Having TalentSprint helps get your foot into getting into your actual career. It helps, and this program is something people should investigate.” 

Throughout the challenging work and studying the importance of video game development, the experience was fun for the Mercy University student. Eric saw creating the program as a fun and exciting thing to enjoy. Students that have a passion for anything they set their mind to. Students need to go beyond, pursue their goals, and take their talents to something more substantial.