Lean On Me

Lean On Me

Elizabeth Berlin, Impact Staff

“Lean on me, when you’re not strong, And ill be your friend, Ill help you carry on. For it wont be long, ‘Til im gonna need somebody to lean on” –Bill Withers

Having a friend is very important in an individual’s life. They give you a backbone when yours is not strong enough to hold you up. Friends sometimes help you learn new things about your self; they point out your flaws and help you fix them when you need to. Most importantly, a friend can offer you something that sometimes you may not get from anyone else, love and care.

For years I would get upset when my friends would give me their honest opinion about me or about something that I did, if it wasn’t what I wanted to hear. Looking back, I should have been thanking my friends for being so honest with me. Most of the time, your friend knows so much about you that they usually know what is best for you. A true friend will always give you their honest opinion, always look out for you, and always steer you in the right direction.

Ready or not they will be there. No matter what the circumstances are, a friend is someone you can feel comfortable telling everything and anything to. A true friend will listen to you, understand how you are feeling, and do everything in their power to help you feel better and overcome any struggle.

Individual growth is something that a friend can help you develop. Most of the time, a friend knows the ins and outs of your personality, and they use that information to help grow you as a person. Even if you don’t know what can make you grow as a person, your friend will always tell you what your good at and what they think will help you become a better you. They can help identify and use your skills and weakness’ to contribute to your success.

Even if they do not understand how you are feeling, a friend will always be there to cheer you up. True friends selflessly help you whenever you require it and whatever help you need, they are ready to happily stand by you and cater to all your needs.

Never give up. I didn’t think that I would ever find my true friends. In high school I had friends, but never friends that would stick with me for the rest of my life. I am happy to say that now that I am in college, I am found my true friends that I know will be my friends forever and always.

Do not doubt that there is someone on your side. Although sometimes you may feel that there is no one there for you, there is. A true friend will be there for you no matter what. No matter how far, or what the circumstance is, you can always count on your really good friends to always be your back bone and hold you up when you feel like you cant.

Remember, when ever you need someone to comfort you, love you, tell you all of your flaws, and help you fix them, call a friend, because they will be there.

“You just call on me, brother, when you need a hand, we all need somebody to lean on. I just might have a problem that you’ll understand, we all need somebody to lean on.” –Bill Withers