My Life is a Link

If you click the link in my social media bios, you can find everything I have to offer.

From my posts, the product recommendations I earn commission on, the products I sell from my jewelry businesses to all the recent content I made.

It’s all there to see, click, and buy. 

But what else do I have to offer?

This question comes to mind as social media has become a passion of mine and something I’ve integrated into my everyday life.  Since my freshman year, I began running the social media of different parts of Mercy. I’ve run the social media of the Global Honors Program, the CEO Club, the Student Government Association, and our The Impact. 

In my free time, I relish creating content for my social media, which garners altogether over one hundred thousand monthly views.

Once the end of the day comes and I’m laying in bed, my eyes and brain feel exhausted, drained, and fried from the digital world’s sun rays. 

Yet, I wake up the next day by the shine of the real sun to do it all again. That fiery passion and constant idea flow of content never goes away and can’t be stopped.

The income it provides and the audience I begin to grow to generate a feeling that satisfies my realization that my life is a link.

Some people see it differently based on their views and life and their passions. Maybe you’ve heard people say before “What’s the point of life if you’re just going to die?”

They may believe their life is just death. Others may see their life as their net worth or their stock portfolio. Or life is a journey. A struggle.

So many different interpretations from over 8 billion people. 

I stare at my links every day. I scroll through my own TikTok videos, Instagram posts, Pinterest boards, Snapchat stories, YouTube Shorts, and Etsy jewelry shop every day.

If I’m bored and need something to do, it’s become a pretty enjoyable hobby to pass the time. Maybe it’s just narcissism. 

Altogether, I’m satisfied with it since I find myself to be a social media connoisseur.

I think the scariest part is that social media can die at any second. Look at its past ancestors. Myspace.,.

Even Snapchat is dying now.

The deaths are already being reported. If I don’t know where to post or have anywhere to post, do I have anything at all?

Maybe the social media I already post on is all a facade. An illusion.

Are my links mediocre? Or is it not authentic?

I try to post content and produce products that are anything but mediocre. I’ve always been a high-quality producer and hard worker type.

But maybe I’ve never considered the people who don’t click on my links and its mediocrity could be why.

Authenticity online is another obstacle. For some reason, I can be yelling in my Italian accent at home one second and then once the camera turns on my voice turns into that of a stranger.

Almost like the sound of a little girl with stage fright. I have no idea why. 

However, sometimes the freedom and power that social media provides can be taken advantage of to demonstrate people’s authentic worst selves.

Social media is full of haters, bullies, and trolls. I’ve experienced too many to count now growing up over the years on social media and from some of my TikToks going viral.  

Yet, I still am completely obsessed with everything social media has to offer and the power behind my links. 

With my vast experience now with social media work and micro influencing, it’s powerful to think that I am building an empire one post at a time, as well as millions of other people. 

My links are some that I want to live on forever. Yet, without social media or the internet in general, they mean absolutely nothing.

I don’t ever think there will be a day when social media will be dead forever. I think certain ones will die in the future and grow another one in its place.

But they might as well all be dead then. To learn a new algorithm and start an empire from scratch sounds torturous. 

For now, I hope I can live peacefully for the rest of my life with everything I have to offer within my link. The link is in my bio.