Thanks A Lot, Rocky

Dwayne Johnson pushes himself back into WM main event

Said to myself  – I’ll lay off the wrestling stories, but this is crazy.

WWE’s hottest star, Cody Rhodes, made history in the 2024 Royal Rumble by becoming the first superstar to win the match twice since Stone Cold Steven Austin. He was making amends for the torturous loss he suffered at the hands of the reigning champion, Roman Reigns.

It should be no surprise that Cody is the only celebrity capable of unseating the reigning champion. Following his outstanding victory at the Rumble last year, Gunther was initially expected to be the crowd favorite. However, like Triple H’s well-known statement, “best for business,” CM Punk’s ten-year comeback made Punk the new favorite to win the Rumble. However, following Punk’s triceps injury from being DDTed by Drew Mcintyre. The best option was Cody Rhodes. He was finally going to finish his story.

I was happy. I was expecting good things from what Cody said Friday night. A segment with Roman and Cody was attractive, as I expected Cody to pick Roman for a match at the Royal Rumble, which Cody did. Then I had to listen a little bit. Cody explains that he will fight the champion anywhere but WrestleMania, but someone else will.

The music of the rock blasts in the arena, and all I can say is how shocked I am. I was pissed. Many thoughts flowed in my head that was like the frustration I had for this decision was at an all-time high. Being the only person mad about this situation is an understatement. Others were angry about the moment, too. It frustrates me because this is not about wrestling.

I never understood why former wrestlers let their egos take over and leave behind what made them famous. That being wrestling. I like the Rock – he is a great wrestler, but I would not say I like Dwayne Johnson—a renowned person who decides to involve himself in big matches when it’s unnecessary. Many people, to this day, make fun of CM Punk for leaving the company, and as a kid, I never really understood the reason behind it, but now I get it, and I understood what Punk said to Cody in a promo before Royal Rumble took place.

Punk was right. The years of 2011 to 2013 was Punk’s era, and winning the championship still felt like he was the underdog, even after holding on to the belt for 434 days. Those days were destroyed by Dwayne Johnson beating him for the belt. It’s was a slap to the face.

An actor who has yet to wrestle in years defeats a full-time champion—an actor who beat John Cena in the prime of his career at WrestleMania 28. Now Dwayne is doing the same thing to Cody, slowing down his momentum. What makes it even worse is Dwayne pushing WWE to make him defeat Roman for the titles, and as much as people hate his title reign, he wants to take the belts off a full-time wrestler again, which baffles me.

The main objective is Roman vs. The Rock at WrestleMania, which is something we do not need. The best thing to do is make Cody fight Roman at the main event of WrestleMania. It is not rocket science. But it becomes slightly more difficult now that the Rock is about of TKO.

But The Rock ruined an excellent match for his own sake and benefit. It’s wild to think that being a star in the film “Black Adam,” having your television show, and many more opportunities coming his way,

He does not need this match. In general, it is a slap to the face to performers giving it their all just for former performers who already had their time and are trying to prove themselves again. You already proved Yourself a decade ago. Let it go. April is here, and with injuries and lousy booking decisions up in the air, I mostly care about Cody getting his moment.

The fans want it. Former stars wish to do it. But The Rock may mess up another pivotal moment.