Faulty Laundry Machine Forces Hudson Hall Evacuation


Irvington Fire Department respond to a suspected fire in Hudson Hall on Mercy’s Dobbs Ferry campus on Tuesday, Oct. 19. 

According to Mercy College Department of Campus Safety, the suspected fire turned out to be a laundry machine located in the Hudson Hall Laundry room, which had begun smoking after a student turned on the machine. 

All students within the residence hall were evacuated as a precaution until the fire department declared the building safe. 

IFD responded to the scene with a fire engine, a truck, and several other smaller department vehicles.

Irvington Fire Department did not respond to multiple requests for comment from The Impact.